Deadline: 30 Days prior to enrollment
Amount: $1000.00 Cosmetology/Barber and $500.00 Esthetics
Contact: Alyssa McKenzie (Admissions Coordinator)
Academy of Salon Professionals is offering an A+ scholarship to students who have achieved A+
through the state of Missouri. Recipients must exhibit a true desire to enter into a field of
Cosmetology/Barber/Esthetics. Cosmetologist and Barbers who have met all the requirements
will receive a $1000 scholarship. Estheticians who have met all the requirements will receive a
$500 scholarship. Recipients must meet all 5 requirements listed below in order to receive this
scholarship. Which will be awarded to the students on the last day of class.
- Training must begin within 2 years of graduation from high school
- Must provide a high school transcript with Missouri A+ seal for documentation
- Submit a 750 word typed essay titled “My Future in Cosmetology/Barber/Esthetics”
- Must complete program maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Must have continual enrollment (no drops, and/or re-entries)
Tuition Assistance Programs
TITLE IV FINANCIAL AID
Title IV funds include:
- Federal Pell Grant (Gift aid and does not require repayment)
- Subsidized Direct Loan (requires repayment)
- Unsubsidized Direct Loan (requires repayment)
- Parent Plus Loans (requires repayment)
- All Title IV funds are awarded based on eligibility. You can determine your eligibility by filing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The application can be found online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. You must be fully enrolled at Academy of Salon Professionals before any Title IV aid will be disbursed on your behalf.
The My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) Scholarship Program is a workforce development program that provides up to $4,000 of financial assistance to eligible military spouses who are pursuing a license, certification or Associate’s degree in a portable career field and occupation.
If you want to work but have a disability that keeps you from finding or keeping a job, Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) may be able to help you. VR specializes in employment and training services that can assist you in becoming employed. A VR counselor will determine your eligibility for services. To be eligible, you need to have a physical or mental impairment that causes problems with working and need VR services to be successfully employed. Once eligible, you will work with a counselor who will help you develop a plan for your rehabilitation. We will give you vocational information and guidance allowing you to make informed choices about your vocational plan.
Scholarships are available from a number of resources. Look around and do your research as there are many scholarship opportunities online and in your community. Check out these websites and make sure you watch out for deadlines!
- Beauty Changes Lives
- P&G Salon Professional
- Professional Beauty Association
- General Henry H. Arnold Education Grant
Scholarships are classified as gift aid and do NOT require repayment. If you are awarded a scholarship, please report the award to the ASP Financial Aid Office so your scholarship can be processed.